Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

Pretty Piggies

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I joined this website last night and thanks to to the help of Sweetie Pig I now know how to post a thread! Thank you! Well, I have two guinea pigs. Both are female. One of them is blonde, and the other is black and ginger colored. The blonde one's name is Padame, but is better known as Paddy. My other one is a little smaller, her name is Kaya. Both are sisters. Right now they have a My First Home cage, which I am planning on building a C&C cage. In the past I have had to guinea pigs, but not at the same time. My first one was Shaggy, a long haired male. The other one was Oreo, I don't recall if he was short or long haired. I have had my guinea pigs for over half a year. They wheek when I come into the room, but when I open the cage they run inside the pigloo. Any help would be awesome.....

So that about wraps it up. Looking forward to meeting all you!:)

Welcome! You can entice them out of their pigloos with a veggie snack. I like to bring them out and hold them on my lap when I feed them a snack or offer it and hold it while they bite off of it while they're still in the cage. It teaches them to associate good things with your hands and your lap. Eventually, they should come out of their pigloos when they see you coming. It's all a matter of conditioning. They're prey animals so they will think of you as a predator until you show them that they shouldn't be afraid of you. It takes time and patience but if you're consistent, they should come around.

Welcome! Glad I could help you out ❤️
Your piggy's sound really cute, is there any meaning behind their names?
As far as them running away, you can do like pinky said and set them in your lap and cuddle them and give treats (fresh veggies) That will help you bond with them and get them to trust you. Also, during play time, also known as floor time, you can hand feed and pet them so they know you arnt a predator. Once they start to trust you, they wont run away as much. It takes time, Im still working on my pigs after a few months, there is a little change but not much. Just give it time! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome! Glad I could help you out ❤️
Your piggy's sound really cute, is there any meaning behind their names?
As far as them running away, you can do like pinky said and set them in your lap and cuddle them and give treats (fresh veggies) That will help you bond with them and get them to trust you. Also, during play time, also known as floor time, you can hand feed and pet them so they know you arnt a predator. Once they start to trust you, they wont run away as much. It takes time, Im still working on my pigs after a few months, there is a little change but not much. Just give it time! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

To answer you question SweetiePig, I guess there's not a whole lot behind their names. I do like Starwars though! Thanks for all the help!

Just peeked at your page and saw both your girls with their hairbows, too cute:cheerful:! My Roger runs from me but I think it's because I'm the one who always does the nail clipping/boy hygiene because Daniel only feeds him and holds him after I pick them up, he runs straight to to him every day. The boys cage is in Daniel's office and he works from home so that also explains it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.