Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello~

Kirino

Cavy Slave
:3 I'm new to this site, and it's prompting me to post here, so I suppose I'll start with "hello". ^^

You can call me Kirino. I'll be 21 in a couple months. I just got a reddish-brown guinea pig with red eyes on the second of this month. His name is Munchie. He's about 4 months old.

I had a guinea pig when I was between 3 and 5, but we had a little accident, because I was a small child and didn't know how to play with them properly. Obviously I've grown up and know better now. :3

I also have a hamster named Strike and a mouse named Mao. For non-rodents, I have a cat that's named Kittenbelle, but I call her Kitten, a turtle named Slider, and a tree frog called Frogger.

I suppose that's sufficient for an introductory post, so I'll end this. If you have any questions for me, go ahead and ask. ^^

Wow ya got a whole zoo over there. Nice to have you join GPC. Any questions you have about guinea pigs dont hesitate to ask.

Hi and welcome! If I remember correctly, there is an actual breed of guinea pig which your's seams to fit the description of but I just cant remember the name, its called something like 'american red' or 'red' or something like that. Maybe someone can help out on the breed but Im pretty sure thats what you have :) Very cute. You'll love the forum. There are lots of helpful, nice members on here willing to answer any of your questions.
Do you plan to get your pig a friend? what kind of cage does he live in?

@longlostcurls:
We do. ^^ And no questions right now, found a lot just by browsing through threads. ^^

@SweetiePig:
I don't know, but it's okay. He's still adorable.
We're considering getting another, but not at the moment.
And his pen is something home made. I built it myself. I recycled boards from a bed that I got last year, and put them together as a pen. It's a little over 40" on all sides, it's quite large. There's a tarp under it for the basic bottom, then towels, baby blankets, and a fleece blanket.

I'd love to see a pic of your cage!!!

@SweetiePig:
I just took some actually~ I'll try to attach the image here..
Hello~
The bed corner normally has a box for him to hide inside, but I take it away when he's not sleeping because he won't run around with it in the pen. ^^ I left the kitchen in though. He doesn't get distracted by it because of it's lack of a ceiling, he can't hide inside of it.

Hello and welcome!! You are like me, I too have a zoo. 3 piggies, cats, dogs, a tortise, and a rabbit.
When my daughter lived with me add ferrets and rats. All were rescued.
I too had a kitten to young.... Animals have been "finding" me for my whole life.

Your Munchie is adorable. I love his cage too. We are here for you and your Munchie.

Awesome cage, nice and roomy too! What do you use on the bottom of it for bedding?

@suzilovespiggie:

Thank you. ^^ That's quite a bunch you have.
I think.. three of mine are rescued, the second cat, (she's not my cat, so I didn't mention her in my post) my turtle, we ALMOST ran her over with the car, but luckily we didn't, and we took her in. And the frog, we rescued off a window, and found we had to keep him so he wouldn't die, since you can't let them back into the wild after you catch them. My cat, Kitten, I actually owned her mother, and the person she lived with was cruel and kicked her and her sister out, and then 3 babies happened. I could only save my cat though.

And thank you. I'm thinking of building on to his cage to give him more space.

May I ask what you mean by "I too had a kitten to young...." as it doesn't quite make sense to me. ^^

@SweetiePig:

Thank you. ^^ It's a little over 40" on both sides. ^^

I have a couple towels, a fleece blanket, and some baby blankets in there at the moment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.