Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Discusting Abuse in Classroom

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Somebody find out how to report them to PETA.

Sara'spets
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Blech - is there any mailing link on that website? Perhaps we could mail then and give some good info

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I think you should try to contact the teacher. Hate to think what she is teaching the students with poor care like that. Most of them are just misinformed. This is why I'm against animals in classrooms. I have seen and heard horror stories.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
I sent an email to the school principal and invited him and Mr. Hubbard to check out this website. I mentioned that the cages the pigs were housed in were far too small and they could learn alot about housing and much more at this site and on the forum.

Let's see what happens.

Slap, leave it to you to keep us informed!

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
What the... that looks too small for any animal, let alone a guinea pig!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Thank you mum to cujo! I know, they are disgusting cages. What kind of a message are they sending? Definately not a responsible one.

Myspoiltpiggies, where in England are you from?

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
hey I'm in East of England. In Cambridgeshire area.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
OH Dear GOD! CEDAR!

CuteFluffyThing

Cavy Slave
If you're going to put guineapigs in class rooms you might as well slam a hammer into their heads and save them a slow death. Gp's get stressed easily , and that's why a lot of noise and rubbing is very bad for them. IN a classroom whildren will be prone to touch it constantly and scream into it's ears , making him very stressed and with the inevitable result of death. That small cage there isn't helping either. A teacher once adopted a guineapig from us , but "forgot" to mention it was for his classroom. A month later he was dead ; since then we never gave away any gp's when they would end up in public areas. I'm also very protective about the guineapigs when little children come around. I remember working for an hour and when I returned they where chasing the guineapigs who where clearly on the verge of insanity (Of course , they looked like that , you never know with pets) so I quickly put them outside and kepth the children inside wi!th their parents

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I agree. A classroom is too stressful for a pig, there's just too much noise and commotion. At my brothers 21st, everybody had come to our house afterwards. There were 5 kids under the age of 6. I let them out of my sight for a couple of minutes. Guess where I found them? In my room, screaming at the pigs everytime they moved! Urgh.

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
Once again, another example of an ignorant person. How sad.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Mr. Hubbard sounds like a ginormous moron. Want to know what's even more sad? Almost every single one of his thrid grade students are now going to grow up thinking that guinea pigs are easy animals to own and only rquire some woods chips and a tupperware container to live in.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
I found the background abusive - on my eyes. The piggie in the tiny cage looks like he's in jail. Poor piggie. He deserves better thann that!

Since this page is so old (18 months or so), the pigs are likely dead or in poor health.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Look how low the water bottle is in the first picture.

TurboPiggy

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)
Here is the link to the up to date home page for that school. There is a phone number and a link to email the principal on this page. I looked at this teachers page for the current year and no mention of any piggies...just thought I'd try to help.

tinkerbell

Cavy Slave
I just sent them an e-mail to let them know about this site and just as a reminder about the needs of animals in their school care. I hope he/she gets it.

CuteFluffyThing

Cavy Slave
It's a sad world we lkve in... I hope they listen to you. Then again most of the outsiders see us as a bunch of (uingeapig?)treehugger hippies

luvfamrap

Cavy Slave
where are you seeing the pictures of the guinea pigs?

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah I dont see no piggy cages and water bottles. I looked at the first site up above and did not see it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.