Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Extra fabric??

Peanuts

Cavy Slave
I hope I posted this in the right place...

After I'm finished with making my pigges a cozie or bed, I often have some leftover small pieces of fabric or fleece that I don't know what to do with. For example, after my last project, I have some five inch squares of fabric left.

I was wondering if there was something you could do with those, instead of throwing them out. Does anyone have any ideas?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I made lap pads out of my fleece scraps -- just sewed them together in crazy-quilt patterns until they were large enough, and then sewed them to a piece of mattress pad.

They're useful when the pig is sitting on someone's lap who would otherwise mind being peed on, and you can also put them under their hideys or wherever they sleep. They can be changed more often than the big pieces of fleece, which means you don't have to change the whole cage as often.

I also put them on top of their step-stool hideys. They like perching up there, and will take naps on them if the fleece is there.

Peanuts

Cavy Slave
Wow, I didn't even think of lap pads. I'm definently going to do that. Thanks so much!!!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I put them under their pigloos so I can take them out and shake them out without having to remove the entire fleece pad. You can also put one next to or under their hay bin to collect the bits that fall on the ground. It's easy to just pull that small piece of fleece out to shake out.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I quilted about 12 pieces of scrap fleece together into a pillow form and then stuffed it with left over stuffing and useless fleece scraps. The pigs love their new bed!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.