Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Kitten and Jenny Say Hi from Colorado Springs, CO.

toshchamp

Cavy Slave
Hello. I have two adorable little piggies that I have had for almost four years. They are wonderful and therapeutic. I had added TONS of pigtures for everyone to look at. Now I am gonna introduce my little beauty's.

Jenny (pronounced Gin-ny)
What can I say? She's a piggy with an attitude. She sure knows how to get her way. She is a precious little girl though.
We got her December of 2007. I think she may have been taken away from her piggy mom too soon. She is tri-colored. Her face is half and half. Half tan/light brown and half white. And around her shoulders she is black all the way to her behind. Then her but is actually opposite her face. I find it an adorable trait.
I noticed that she was smaller than her litter mates when I first got her. Not by much though. I think that her litter mates dominated the food dish. She sure makes up for having been bullied as a baby. She now bully's her older and bigger sister. (We got kitten a few months later)
Jenny also picked out her name. We were going to name her cocoa, but now that just seems silly because now she pretty much is her name. When we got her home we were saying something about guinea pigs and every time we said "guinea" she would perk up. Well then my boyfriend said something about Jenny (pronounced Gin-ny) and she just started popcorning and being happy! So in retrospect she picked her own name.
She has quite a quirky personality. A personality that is much bigger than she is. She doesn't like it when my boyfriend speaks Spanish. (I know odd!) She also snores when she sleeps. REALLY LOUDLY! I have also taught her how to kiss on command, but of course when she wants to! HAHA! She also thinks shes a "peoples" as my fiancée and I call it. (A person) Jenny is longer but skinnier.

Kitten
Kitten is my little black beauty. Her coloring is awesome. She only has two colors, but on her it's beautiful. When we first got her they called her the skunk because of the white stripe right down her nose. She is mostly all black except for a few spots. One that runs from that stripe down a bit on her belly and a bit on her back. Then her behind his also white. And 3 of her four paws are white.
She's got quite a personality. She's also a sweetie and LOVES to snuggle and cuddle. If you want a good cuddle you want to go with kitten. But don't get her wrong she'll hiss at you if you don't give her quite what she wants.
There is a certain spot that when you pet it she purrs. That is how she got her name. Around Halloween time she is my little black kitten. HAHA!
She learned Peek-a-Boo on her own. It was quite funny. She is a very curious piggy. If there is anything that has not been searched/explored Kitten is the one who will search it. She always sniffs the air to see whats going on. When you give her a carrot she will run away and hold the carrot in the air, as if saying, "MINE, MINE, MINE!"
Kitten has always been my little chubby girl. I think though that it is because she is just shorter than her sister. Her favorite treat is pretty much anything, but if you give her green pepper before anything else she won't eat anything else! She will just wheek for more green pepper.

(broken link removed) (broken link removed) (broken link removed)

Thank you so much for sharing all about your precious piggies !! I love it when people share about their piggies unique personalities ! Kitten sounds a lot like my Buttercup, especially about sniffing up in the air and her curious nature. Tonight I had the best cuddle lap time ever with Buttercup, she is so sweet with me and so affectionate !!

I know how that is. I love it when I lay down with kitten and have her lay on my stomach and she snuggles right in and does the comfy lay with the paw out. I LOVE IT! She's a total mamma's girl. I'll have her on the bed and then when I'm not petting her at the moment she freaks and jumps up on me. I've also caught her a few times having jumped up on top of the pigaloo! (UH OH!) Or I'll pet her and then I'll stop and put my hand in front of her. She will then give me kisses and then nudge me as if to say, "Okay, I gave you kisses, now, PET ME!" :D

Welcome.

Each guinea pig has their own personality and I just love it. They definitely are therapuetic. Hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

Thanks. Yea. When I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar they were a life saver. They helped me through a lot in the last 3-4 years.

They are definitely my little Rump Shakers! HAHA! :D

Thanks. Yea. When I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar they were a life saver. They helped me through a lot in the last 3-4 years.

Oh how funny. I just made my first post here, and it's about how piggies have helped me with mental illness. I am not bi-polar, but I do have anxiety/depression problems and severe ADHD. My pigs have kept me afloat, so to speak.

I live in Colorado, too. Boulder, to be exact. :)

Oh how funny. I just made my first post here, and it's about how piggies have helped me with mental illness. I am not bi-polar, but I do have anxiety/depression problems and severe ADHD. My pigs have kept me afloat, so to speak.

I live in Colorado, too. Boulder, to be exact. :)

That's awesome. Yea we just moved here from Minnesota back in November. It's been a tough few months too. When I had my gall bladder removed I think I healed faster because of them because of the fact I just wanted to snuggle them and hadn't in a bit. They help a lot. My boyfriend has a mental illness too and they have helped him. They are wonderful creatures. They are the best things ever. Especially if you have an apartment/smaller space and can't have a dog. (Can't have cats because Adam's allergic!)

They are both beautiful girls!! It's funny how each one has their own personality.

They are the best things ever. Especially if you have an apartment/smaller space and can't have a dog. (Can't have cats because Adam's allergic!)

Agreed. I live in a tiny apartment. Though I'm allowed cats, it would be difficult to keep a free-roaming, counter-jumping animal. I tend to have art supplies and all sorts of oddities lying around. No such worries with piggies, even during floor time.

Agreed. I live in a tiny apartment. Though I'm allowed cats, it would be difficult to keep a free-roaming, counter-jumping animal. I tend to have art supplies and all sorts of oddities lying around. No such worries with piggies, even during floor time.

i agree

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of info here. Have you all heard that they are changing the laws for theraputic animals? You will NO longer be able to have anything you want (cat, guinea pig, snake, etc.) as a theriputic animal. Which means you cannot take them into public places, apartments and landlords don't have to make an exception for cats, guinea pigs and the rest like they used to with a doctors note. So if you want to keep your animal you MUST find a pet friendly place (tends to be more expensive too with deposits, pet rent and the like) which really sucks for people like me who have a theriputic cat (and guinea pigs)because I HATE dogs. So now only dogs and tiny horses are allowed! Just because they are the majority doesn't mean that they are the only animal that can be helpful to their owner. Sure a cat (or guinea pig) can't dial 911 in an emergency but if the love, companionship, and healing acceptance is enough then they should be allowed to have that.

Ronin and Jasper say hi back from Colorado Springs, Colorado!

lol

Welcome to the site. I am looking forward to reading more of your postings!

Ronin and Jasper say hi back from Colorado Springs, Colorado!

lol

Welcome to the site. I am looking forward to reading more of your postings!

Thanks I'm not on much, and I don't post all the time. But will share funny stories and any questions and stuff. :D

And that sucks that they will no longer accept guinea pigs and cats and stuff. I think thats not the right thing to do. Even though we will eventually get a dog. But most places that I have been have been real accepting my my beautiful piggies!

Weekly weigh in. Kitten hates it and Jenny is just content with it!

Kitten snuggling. And well, Jenny is hiding in the towel because she's mad at me. I gave her a bath because she was REALLY dirty. Then she decided she was mad at me and hid in the towel and hissed at me! HAHA!

Wow, your piggies are so sweet ! I love the last pigture the most ! HA ! Ha! So, she hissed at you huh ?! Heheeehhee ! Oh man. Too funny ! :p

I watch PBS a lot, and I remember watching a program ( 2 different ones on PBS) on how it has been scientifically PROVEN that animals ( due to the pheromones exchanged between human and pet) aid in healing, in many many different ways. ( Psychologically /physically/ect.) So it is really MORE than a shame that they no longer accept therapeutic animals for people ! That realization ( I did not know this) makes me VERY ANGRY !! I trust Onetwo with that knowledge ( she has been through A LOT, and people that have been through a lot I well, lets just say--that I find it very HARD-- not to believe what they say !

You have obviously been through a lot too. I really DO know how that is.

You mentioned mental illness, and I personally can relate. I have had 3 major hospitalizations for severe depression. (I will not go into details, there is just too many factors involved) You mentioned ADHD and I also again, can relate personally for my dear son was diagnosed at 6 years old. I fought this, because at the time there were so many mis-diagnosis at the time, so after a second opinion, I relented.

However, not before educating myself as best as I could on the matter. I read and read and got a few up-to-date books on the subject, recommended by someone I fully trusted. It soon turned out that the Doctors were right. He not only has ADHD, but he has it severely. The medications at that time were pretty bad, and had adverse affects for the individual taking them. This was like...15 years ago.

My son, who is now 21 and living on his own, has vehemently been against medication. ( At age barely 16yrs., we, or rather I, let him go off, due to his strong feelings against medication. He still has his doubts about over-prescribed medications and mis-diagnosed theories, as do I) However, now he is strongly considering the prospect, since he is struggling so much with just the art of living with this stupid handicap ! Ironically, marijuana helps him ( we both believe, it should be legal and if it helps cancer patients deal with pain or nausea, why not other illnesses as well ?! Hypocrisy ! If alcohol is legal, with it's destructive usage, why is pot, that has proven to be beneficial to certain patients, not legalized as well in all states ? Hypocrisy. That's why.

YOU are not ALONE. Do YOU hear me ? You are definitely not alone my dear. Many struggle with these and other life-changing illnesses. My heart, mind and soul go out to you. That is all. Many suffer in the same way, and quietly. Sadly. IT is hard to have the courage ( even though one is a stranger through this computer screen, and perhaps for some, it is too easy, to be someone they are not, in real life).

I wish you well piggie pal friend, and can't wait to see more pigtures ! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for those kind words! I really appreciate them! It has been a struggle but knowing that others go through these things too, helps a lot. I hate that they are taking away the therapeutic status for other animals. It is just plain ridiculous.

And yes, she hissed at me. She has quite the attitude sometimes.

Tonight it was adorable she was actually quite pleasant out and about. I had them both laying on me, while I was reading. And had my arm laying next to Kitten (the mostly black one) and she laid herself across my arm as if she claimed it. Then a few short minutes after her sister followed suit. (Jenny, the one with the brown.) It was an adorable sight that I would have loved to have gotten in a photo but due to them on top of my arm I had no way to go get my camera and take a picture without them having to move. So unfortunately no pigtures of this! :(
But it was the cutest thing ever. She just laid there all comfy! :D

Ohhh so very very precious ! I try to cherish these sweet little memories, and tuck them away for those rainy blue days. However, it does stink doesn't it, when we can't take a pigture too!! :(

Your babies sound so lovey and snuggly !! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.