Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dispisable cozies?

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Has anyone ever thought of disposable cozies?

Like, they would be made of dollar store fleece stuffed with carefresh. You could just make a whole bunch at a time, and just throw them away every week or two?

Am I crazy or does that sound like a good idea?
:crazy:

pixxie

Cavy Slave
Hey that sounds coool!maybe you should make some and post pics!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
As someone caring for environment and such.... I would say please don't do that.

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
Bad for the enviroment and the time it takes to make them plus the charge for it wouldn't be cost effective. I don't have aproblem shaking and washing the girls.

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Or, as Ly&Pigs was saying in another thread, You could have beds/cozies etc. that snap open and closed and you could easily throw out the used bedding inside and replace it with more! I think it's a pretty clever idea.

pixxie

Cavy Slave
Or, as Ly&Pigs was saying in another thread, You could have beds/cozies etc. that snap open and closed and you could easily throw out the used bedding inside and replace it with more! I think it's a pretty clever idea.

Oh that idea sounds better to me! I didn't even think of that...:silly:

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
It was just an idea, earlier at the gym I realised it would be horrible for the enviroment. I then thought about re-using old Pj's but I usually donate my old clothes so thats not gonna work.

I quess, I'll just stick with my old re-usable cozies. :)

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
I hated the waste but this was the disposible bedding for my piggies for a year:

First I took one of those heavy ceramic mediumish (piggy sized) pet food bowls. I packed it full of carefresh, shredded paper, wood pellets, paper pellets etc... and then took a large circle of fleece and put it over the bowl (similar to putting a pie crust over a pie) and then made a little indent in the bedding. I made sure the fleece draped over the edge of the bowl all the way around and secured it with an extra large rubber band or good quality (stretchy) string or yarn. I picked poops out twice a day and removed the fleece every 2-3 days and dumpped the bedding out... It worked pretty good as a litterbox/disposible cuddle cup. I use regular cuddle cups and towles now because it is cheaper than getting and keeping disposible bedding...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.