Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pepper and Houdini

amanda_d

Cavy Slave
Ive Talked about Pepper on here before and a lot of people have helped me on questions I had about him (thank you so much for that)! I was looking for another pig to adopt to keep him the company he needs! I got him about 3 weeks ago, from a lady who was going to turn him loose in the park! I love him very much

(I know this food is really bad! I have picked out most of the things that they can choke on! This is all I had I got it with pepper, My Pellets from Kleenmama's should be here tomorrow! And he is in Quarantine for 3 weeks)

I just got Houdini Yesterday! He is a small hairy little guy, they said they didnt know how old he is. I went to go shopping yesterday about 2 hours from here and had planned on going into the sheltar to ask if they had any Guinea Pigs, I went in and they had this one left They were going to put him down in a few days! he didn't have a name and we like the name Houdini, I was so happy that I went in there and now I can give him a great home!
They said that someone brougt three of them in, 2 girls and one boy. they told the shelter that they recently got them and just decided they didnt want them! I couldnt believe it, he looks young and the people that brought them in only had them for about 3 weeks. The shelter had him for 2 1/2 weeks and says that they only keep small animals for 3 weeks, because they dont have room for them! :weepy:

Its so sad, but at least I can give him a great home! and thanks to CavySpirit for helping me sex him and make sure he is a boy!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Aww you have very cute boys. Lucky for both, you were there at right moment!
I hope all goes well when you introduce them. Be sure to read about it and ask if you aren't sure :) People helped me a lot.
I'm sure you will be a wonderful mommy!

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Good for you for saving sweet little Houdini. I hope he is not like his namesake and wants to escape all the time! I hope the boys get on very well. I am sure you will give them a great home and lots of love.

TweedleDee

Cavy Slave
So adorable! I love Houdini's luscious locks :) What a great rescue story too.

cam767

Cavy Slave
Good for you! The fates must have been with both of you that day. They are both such cuties!! It's always so sad to hear about shelters putting animals down. I'm so glad our animal shelter is a no kill shelter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.