Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puppy Pads EZwhelp Designer Dog Pad

lissie

Cavy Slave
Has anyone use these? These are pretty cheap compared to piggy bedspread or jens cage pads.

(broken link removed)

GotPigs?

Cavy Slave
I'm curious to know how they work as well...I've been contemplating switching to fleece/towels/piggy bedspreads/cage liners but they're all so expensive and I don't have a sewing machine nor time to make my own. My pigs are currently in a 2x4 cage so if I used one of these mats it would leave about 11"-12" for a kitchen/litterbox area. I might order one just to try it out- if it isn't great I'm only out $15.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
A little off subject but I have a sewing machine with no place to set it up and I have an intense dislike of sewing, SO I found that fabric/sewing glue works very well. I just make sure to wash and air out the finished product well before use.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I have a sewing machine and I've sewn 2 pads. I'm planning to expand my cage and I don't have the time to sew (plus sewing is not one of my favorite projects). I'd rather pay someone to sew for me or pay for a finished product like this one. It doesn't have the option to choose cute fabric like the piggy bedspread, but the pattern they have is pretty cute.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I just placed and order for the small size designer pad. I'm just going to test it in one end of the cage.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Make sure to tell us how they work! I'd be interested to know how it goes as well.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Sure! I'll keep everyone updated. I'll put it in the most used corner of the cage.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Update on the pad:

The pad is very thin. It should be easier to launder. I haven't washed it yet so didn't test in the cage. I poured a glass of water on one of the corner. It absorbed all the water but took a while to dry. The back didn't get wet, but the bands around the edges got wet and the back of the band also go wet. If the pig pee on the corner or on the side, it would probably leak to the floor.

The pad was also made like quilt and has stitches all over the pad. I don't think I will use it as a cage pad. I will probably use it under fleece. I don't want my piggy nails to get caught.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.