Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water bottle

HarleyD

Cavy Slave
My newly adopted piggy has difficulty drinking out of his water bottle. The bottle is working fine, but he spends what I would consider longer than normal trying to get water out of the bottle. Also, underneath the bottle is wet. He seems to be eating his pellets well. I am a first time parent of a piggy.:melodrama

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
It is very common for GPs to play with their water bottles. They seem to love bouncing the ball inside the tube around and allowing the water to spill everywhere. If you see the GP at the bottle, and the bottle is working, then he is undoubtedly getting enough water.

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
When it is hot out, my pigs like to hold the ball up and let the water run all over the brick and then lie down on the wet brick. Who said piggies were not intelligent? :)

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Sometimes I think my piggies are trying to make a rock concert with the water bottles. Sometimes I ask myself how much water can they drink since they stay there making noise forever, but then I see they are just spilling water around.
If your piggie goes to the bottle then he knows there is where the water is. Don't worry.

sarahspins

Cavy Slave
I keep a small (empty) dish under the water bottles to catch the drips... I've seen others use bricks. Maybe one of those is an option.

I'm convinced that mine think the bottles are toys too - watching them use them is all the proof I need!

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
My girls use their waterbottles to demand food. They stand there spilling water and making noise (because they know it bugs me) until I feed them!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.