Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Young female rescued from being housed with brothers and father

KDonohue

Cavy Slave
I have an adorable tri-colored Abyssinian female born April 21, 2010. I adopted her on 6/10/10, up until that date she was being housed with two of her brothers and possibly her father. I know that males can impregnate females at as young as 3 weeks, but I am unsure how old females must be to be receptive. If in the month and a half she lived with her parents she did get pregnant I am completely unsure of how to deal with a pregnant female. My other MAJOR concern is there is a very good chance she is the offspring of her mother and a half-brother or that her mother and father are siblings.. any combination of inbreeding could have taken place (she does have an extra toe on her back right). Any knowledge, insight, or advice is readily welcome! Thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.