Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

vacuums for fleece and how often do you wash

kalrik

Cavy Slave
Can any of you recommend hand vacuums for spot cleaning your fleece? A vacuum that is not too strong as to pick up the fleece. How does sweeping the fleece work? Well? not so well?

Also, I figured if I can go four days without changing fleece, I will be washing one set like about ninety times in one year. Do you generally have to replace your fleece every year?

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I use the Dirt Devil Scorpion, I got it for 15 dollars at Walmart. It's cordless so it has to charge overnight. When it is fully charged I can clean half of my 4x5 before having to empty the lil compartment. I use a mini whisk broom and a mini dust pan to get up the hay that falls of the loft. I tried actually sweeping, didn't go so well.

I wash every week. I don't know how long it lasts, but I need to replace/fix some fleece that I didn't sew up really well.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
I gave up on my vacuum cleaner, because it always got clogged. If you get a good enough quality fleece and make sure that it doesn't fray or anything, I imagine that it would stay good for well over a year. I just started with fleece about 2 months ago, so I'm not sure yet, but I do have a fleece throw that I've had since I was about 12 and I'm 20 now and it is still in great condition and I washed it every week when I did my sheets.;

kalrik

Cavy Slave
If it gets clogged a lot, how is that working fine for you?

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I have had mine for a few months and it hasn't gotten clogged yet, it has a really nice filter, though I do need to get some new ones.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.