Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ginger and Lovie

LovGin

Cavy Slave
I wanted to introduce Ginger and Lovie. They are my daughters' guinea pigs. We got them in November of last year. My oldest daughter had a pig for a class pet in first grade and has wanted one ever since. My wife hates any kind of rodent and we had a cat, so we said no for a couple of years. One night the cat died, we were in the pet store the next day looking at piggies. Fortunatly I found this sight before we made all the mistakes a lot of people do. We waited a few weeks and found a shelter and adopted our 2 wonderful pigs. We had to leave Mary Ann behind, I felt very guity breaking up a family (my wife drew a line at 2 rodents in the house), but the lady that ran the shelter said it might be for the best. The 3 of them did not really get along and these 2 were the best together.

They are in a 2x3 C&C cage right now, I plan on adding a second floor soon and hope to make it a 2x4. Still trying to figure it all out. Anyhow my girls and piggy girls are all very happy. I really did not know how much I would enjoy them. I peak in at them all the time and love the wheeking sounds they make when they are happy. I tell my girls that the 3 most amazing things I have learned about guinea pigs are:

How much they eat.
How much they poop.
And how much I love them.

I think I attached pictures. Lovie is the dark one and Ginger is the white and caramel one.

TinkyWinky

Cavy Slave
They are beautiful! Both have intelligent faces too! :) Don't you love piggy expressions?

peanut74

Cavy Slave
Very cute! We just adopted a pregnant female, and I know I would be the one carry for her, even though it was going to be my eldest's pet, but I am truly surprised how much I love her!

Flssgrl

Cavy Slave
Awe they are sweet! I too was surprised by my insane love for our new piggies!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs! my mom always said she hated rodents until I brought my piggy home and she fell in love. She still claims she hates rodents though she spoils him almost as much as I do!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I don't consider my pigs rodents. I think I read somewhere they were thinking of putting guinea pigs in their own genus. Can't remember where
I read that.:confused:

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Oh I don't know if they really are. My mom just considers all furry little animals rodents. And dislikes them.

GPGuy

Cavy Slave
Those are some cute piggies for sure. Welcome to the slave den LovGin:crazy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.