Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

another store piggie situation--please help

dmppiggies

Cavy Slave
I have three sows--Dottie (6 months), Mollie (4 months) and Pennie (1 months-6 weeks). Although I know better now, they are all bought from Petsmart.

Pennie came with a URI (being treated with antibiotics) and it seems that she may also have come pregnant

I know that this is small, but it gives some idea to her shape. It is very pronounced when you see her in person--especially when you pick her up or she runs around the room.

I do have an exotics vet somewhat close.....but I honestly want other opinions at this point before I pay the big bucks. She is my third piggie I've had at this age--so I do have some reference.

Any advice you can give would be amazing---we're a little freaked and have no idea how to take care of her (and when she'll be due)

dmppiggies

Cavy Slave
I do just want to note---that I'm in no way breeding my animals, and I'm actually pretty sad that I didn't know about adopting until after I bought my three (so like, in the last two weeks). I discovered all the wonderful websites with information when I started researching for Pennie's symp. of the antibiotic intolerance---and although babies are a joyful thing, I'm super sad that my baby might be in this position being a baby herself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.