Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Low voice?

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
When i woke up this morning I awoke to some strange, low, duck/owl like noises. After further inspection, they appeared to be coming from Fonzie o.o

They sound kindof like the normal exploring/clucking noise, but much much lower. When I fed bell peppers to them this morning, he made a noise that sounded like a legitimate Quack.

I pulled him out of the cage for a teency bit of lap time, and he made normal high-pitched "LetmebackinmycagetoplaywithStanleyplease" annoyed noises with me when I pet him. He started wheeking randomly when I was petting him as well, which I found strange.

I gave him water, and he drank that fine. The noises seeemed to stop, but when I was chasing him around to take him out to check on him agaiin I heard the noises.

His eyes and nose are clear, absolutely no sign of any sneezing or coughing whatsoever.

Should I be concerned about this? Or is he just being a weirdo?

Edit: I just got all up in his face again, and it was like he was trying to make his clucking noises but it was a really hoarse low crackly noise instead...

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
It can be related to a heart condition or a URI, I would get it checked at the vet to be safe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.