Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Two smaller pieces

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Hello

I have managed to find two smaller pieces of coroplast quite cheaply, and if they are place together they will be an excellent fit for cage I is making. How or what should I be use for sticking together?

Thanks you.

Masking tape is safe and it works well.

Really? That simple? Thank you so much! :D

I don't recomend masking tape, to easy to break. I had something similar(I accidentally cut my coro in half) and I used duct tape.

I don't recomend masking tape, to easy to break. I had something similar(I accidentally cut my coro in half) and I used duct tape.

What's the difference between duct and masking tape?

Thanks you! Now I see the difference.

I pieced together my coroplast when I redesigned my cage and I used duct tape. I put it around the joint 360 degrees. I had towels and fleece at the time and it was fine. I don't have sides to my coroplast, so exposed tape wasn't an issue. I agree with only putting it on the outside of the coroplast where your piggies can get to the coroplast.

We had to duct tape a 2x3 piece and a 2x5 piece together for our new cage. We put the duct tape on the bottom and top because the piggies could never get to it. We have two layers of towels and then fleece as bedding, and we have never had a pig make it under the first layer of towels. However, if your pigs are intense burrowers, I'd be weary.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.