Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Size advice please

Babytuckoo

Cavy Slave
I recently adopted Twiddle, a 2.5 yr old little girl cavy, but did not know they were social animals and wasn't prepared for a buddy. I relied on advice from a friend who has had cavies throughout his life, but probably not the most knowledgeable. He doesn't even know about a c&c cage, and thought the petstore cage was fine... I would like to give them plenty of room, but living in a studio apartment I am limited on space. I was really hoping that a 2x3.5 cage would work, maybe if I add a second level. I really want to give them all the love and care they could possibly get. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I believe that for 2 girls a 2x4 would work, although I have found a 2x5 to be much more suited. It isn't much bigger than the 2x3.5. When counting sq footage only the main level counts and, alot of times, ramps to second levels take up a lot of usable space on the first. I would say to build a 2x4 and, if you want a second level, go for it. Good luck!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
A 2x3.5 would be over the minimum for two females. However, a 2x4 would be best. For two males, a 2x4 is needed. If you have the space, I'd go as big as you can handle. The bigger the better! :)

Remember, upper levels don't count toward square footage. If you do want to make an upper level, that's great, but please make sure one level meets the minimum size on this site's homepage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.