Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Whistling

Guineapigslave

Cavy Slave
My baby boy Thumper has been suffering from a URI but the antibiotics have definately been helping, but today i noticed sometiems when he breathes i hear a slight whistling sound.

Any advice on what it is? And what I should do about it?

It could be that the antibiotics aren't working as fast as needed. Check with your vet-- he or she may want to prescribe something else, or something in addition. Some pigs will develop pneumonia.

So he might be getting worse? His appetite is incredible and has only gotten better. He is putting on wieght like crazy, and i have even caught him popcorning from time to time! I just want my boy to get better so he can be neutered and join my girls!

He is sneezing less and his eyes are a lot better, but still not perfect. I just checked and the whistling sound isn't there now but I'm still worried for him!

Is it coming from his mouth or lungs?

He may have fluid in his lungs or a bad heart.

They're prey animals - they often hide if they are not getting better.

I can't tell where it is coming from, but even if he is hiding it, he has been eating like a horse and popcorning. I have another vet appointment tomorow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.