Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

sew4guineapigs

Cavy Slave
Hi! My name is Shawna. I am a new mom to 2 guinea pigs. My son picked out the guinea pigs on his birthday in February. Our little boys had to be returned within 3 days because I noticed a skin condition. They were treated for parasites. Once they were healthy, we were able to adopt them back after 3 long weeks of waiting and checking on them.

My son is still deciding on a name for them. He has started calling one Chewy.

I found this website last week. The information that I have found has been great! I saw the great C&C cages and told my husband that we had to build one during my spring break. We were looking for a way to give them more room and this was perfect! The boys got their new home on Wednesday. I found the directions for a cuddle cup at this site and started sewing. I made them each one Thursday and sleeping bags on Friday. I was so happy to find them in their new beds last night. I will be sewing more tonight.

Now, I would like to get them a litter box and improve their eating area. We have other pets so they do have a top to their home.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Cute piggies but please adopt from a rescue or shelter next time. Sick pet store pigs are common and they come from breeding mills.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome. You have cute pigs and a nice cage!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Nice job on the cage, and spectacularly comfy looking cuddle cups and sleeping bags! Love the sheepies.

Welcome.

LightningPig1

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I hope this site will keep will working for you through out your piggies lives. So far you have done absolutely great in keeping your guinea pigs! The task isn't easy but there sweetness and attachment to you will make up for all the work. Those are some cute piggies! Where did you get them? I love the white crested piggie!

sew4guineapigs

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome. My life got busy and I was not able to reply sooner. I see that I accidently deleted the photo that I had of my boys. I need to get that replaced as soon as I figure out how to modify my posts. Sorry about that.

We adopted our guinea pigs from Pet Smart. We have to stay away from our local animal shelter because each time that we visit there, we end up coming home with another cat. The times that we have been there, they did not have guinea pigs. We were afraid that if we stopped by there on my son's birthday, we would have brought home another cat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.