Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds purring while lap time?

Katrinah

Cavy Slave
So because of Shadow's cyst, I have to force her to more lap time. So tonight, I chased her down in her cage and picked her up (took about 20 mins to catch her! :crazy:) Once i sat down with her she was very good. I gave her the baytril and then took the warm washcloth and held it on her cheek for 20 mins as the Vet told me to. After that she rested her head on my chest and I was petting and talking to her all the sudden she let out a short lil purr (like the rumblestrut noise) and a few mins later another.

What do I make of this, was she mad at me? Was she happy with it?

Then when I put her back in her cage, her sister sniffed her and sniffed her and wouldn't leave her alone. So I chased Popcorn down and made her let me hold her and pet her for a little bit. Then told her there, you smell the same now :D (she is very wild about it though and still fights it some)

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
It's a happy noise!!!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Sometimes I think they might be a little ticklish.

scarlett

Cavy Slave
WHile reading this post, Willow is sitting on my sons lap, purring quite a bit. Something he's never done before

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
So tonight, I chased her down in her cage and picked her up (took about 20 mins to catch her! :crazy:) ...... So I chased Popcorn down

To make life a bit easier and less strained (specially cause she has to take medication) maybe you can try the piggy elevator to pick up Shadow and Popcorn
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...r-easy-way-catch-piggies-piggie-elevator.html

As for the noise, my Gizzy, has two kinds of purrs, the one is when she is happy and it is softer and continuous the other is when I tickle her on her "spot" near her bum and she likes one or two tickles but not too many then I get the "look". I take it as this - if a piggy is not happy they WILL let you know. My Gizzy sprays me when she is very angry with me!!

fluffycavy

Cavy Slave
It's a good sound, my little girl giggles when we poke her (touch). or pet her.

Molly75

Cavy Slave
Both of my pigs purr with us all the time! I know exactly how to pet both of them to keep them purring :) They'll lay their bellies flat on the towel and just purr. And they both love lap time too. They one of them still runs a little bit when I go to pick her up, but she's getting better. I just try to calm her and get a few pets in before picking her up, only takes a minute. The other one will sit to be petted for a minute and let me pick her up. But they purr for everyone in my family :)

Katrinah, I bet if you keep this up that they'll both start to get used to being picked up and lap time. And watch what you do that makes them purr and try that each time they're on your lap. I try to feed veggies by hand once a day on either my lap or another family member. Last night each of my kids had one piggy and one bowl of veggies to feed each of them. The other veggie serving is either in the cage or on my lap, or mixture of both. But at least once a day they get a serving of veggie on a lap.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.