Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Your favorite Dollar Store or Free stuff

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I thought I'd start a thread on your favorite finds. Some of my Dollar Store favorites are a thin-bladed metal kitchen spoon for scooping poop, a little ceramic dip dish that says "good friends, good food" which I use as a food dish, a fleece that I cut up for mats under the hideys along with an old wash cloth beneath, some neat clips for clipping fleece to the grid to make tents in the corner of the cage. Freebies: Oatmeal boxes taped together to make tunnels, same with tissue boxes, enlarging the opening and cutting another on the end, and the cat litter jug "trays" I described in a tips thread here.

I'd love to hear from other members ! What are a few of your favorite things? (and who has that song running through their mind now??)

lulubird6

Cavy Slave
Free: UPS/Fedex shipping tube/triangles for piggie elevator or tunnel.

Free: Small boxes from packages that were shipped to work with holes cut to make hidey houses.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Free : soda 12 pack fridge style boxes, and cereal boxes, for tunnels. "Family pack" or "multi pack" boxes, cardboard pet carriers, for hideys. Giant lid from a box which held my husband's super boots for a hay holder 'cover' (works like a hinged lid, I'll photograph sometime). Repurposed bin feeder from a foster's original family for use as a hay holder.

Cheap : binder clips, bricks, smaller sized fleece that works to cover the end of the 2x5 and doubles over as a hidey with the leftover clipped to the grids. Jingle balls for the boys to play with.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Free: Empty dog food cans stuffed with hay or a pellet scoop. Just make sure that you rinse it well it hot water and remove the label.

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
2 dollar full sized fleeces from Dollarama, & those little plastic step stools (they make wonderful hidies! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.