Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

-Job delema (sp)-

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
My mom doesn't seem agreeable when it comes to the piggies either. I'm getting a job at my friend's house this summer, $5 an hour.

Fleece bedding is the best! Its easy to clean, less risk of impaction, cheap and... looks tidy.

Please read this page: https://guineapigcages.com/location.htm. It should answer all of your parents' questions. Fleece bedding is not only cleaner; it is more economical and looks great! Good luck!

THye sell fleece alot of places any fabric stores, walmart, you can get blankets at K-mart, or target.

If you have a walmart or target near you, that would be your best bet. You can buy fleece blankets (about 50"x60") for about $5 at walmart, and usually you can find some sort of discount fleece by the yard ($2-7 a yard) there as well. If you can't find it by the yard, I have found that one blanket will do the bottom of a 2x4 with a bit left over (that you can use to make cozies, etc.) If you spend $20 on fleece initially, you should have enough to do 2-3 changes, and it will save you TONS in the long run. It holds up great to washing, just make sure you wash it on your washer's hottest setting BEFORE cutting it to size to avoid unwanted shrinking. I used to spend $30 a month in aspen, and now I just do the laundry and spend 20 mins a day in spot cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, etc. :) Not to mention how much tidier it is overall. If you can keep up with the washing, it's so much more economical, tidy, and convenient.

How often do you wash the fleece? is it like carefresh where it is fine for a few days of does it need to be washed every day?

It depends on your pigs amd cage size but the average is 3-6 days. YOu have to spot clean everyday though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.