Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Are there any different floors?

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
I was thinking about changing up my cage a little bit, but that would mean me having to get another sheet of coroplast, having to cut it up, and so on. Is there any other floor bottoms you can use? I would like the new size to be: 1grid x 4grids. So its not that big but i dont want to spend all that money, especially right after christmas.

tictacgrrl

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about a second level that's 1x4? Because that's pretty small for a main floor.

Anyhow, you can use other things for the floor like linoleum or wood, but coroplast is by far the cheapest. If you just want to add a 1x4 second level try asking sign shops if they have any partial sheets you can buy. When I added on to my cage I was able to find a half sheet. You'd still need to cut it down to fit, but you'd have less leftovers and it would fit your budget better.

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
Lol, yeah i was taking about a second level=] On the bottom now i have 2x4. So, whats linoleum? Is it metal or somthing? And is it expensive?

tictacgrrl

Cavy Slave
Linoleum is flooring that's usually used in kitchen or bathrooms. It's inexpensive as far as I know, but I don't know that it's cheaper than coroplast. It is easier to get though. You can buy it at Home Depot and have a piece cut to size.

cherrytop108

Cavy Slave
Thank you soo much!=]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.