Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Maine!

KimberlyRose

Cavy Slave
Hello Everyone!

I decided to join your forum because it looks like a great community for caring and sharing!

I grew up with guinea pigs as a kid and am now certain I want to have a some again. :)

I am looking to get a silver agouti but it has been crazy trying to find one near Maine, some in new jersey/new york...not sure I want to travel that far YET...depends on how desperate I get :)

I am a worry wart which is why I am so glad I found this website because I want to make sure the piggies I get have the best quality of life!

Thank you so much for your time, look forward to chatting with you :)

~Kimberly~

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I'm glad you came here to research before getting your pigs!

I hope you're looking at shelters and rescues and not at pigs from breeders. I see there are lots of guinea pigs in shelters in Maine if you decide that the color isn't really the important thing.

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi neighbor ! Welcome. I am from Vermont ! I, too, wanted a certain kind of guinea pig and was trying to find a breeder. Then I came here and saw that there were so many people looking to rehome and so many guinea pigs needing good, loving homes. I met up with a wonderful woman, who, for personal reasons, had to give up the family's two lovely short haired pigs. Well, they are my pride and joy.. and I am her "angel" (her words, not mine) for giving them a loving home. I love them so much I am now attempting to adopt a baby. Hope you will hang around the site and read.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Hi welcome to Guinea Pig Cages.

I hope you're not set on a certain color guinea pig and that you can open your home to a needy piggie. You'll want two anyways, you can always adopt two and then be put on a waiting list for a silver agouti. It may take longer to find a specific breed, but the wait will be well worth it.

KimberlyRose

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your warm welcomes. I am using petfinder.com as well as the adopt threads on this site and guineapighome.com to find my piggies, I know there are a lot out there that need a home. I have my heart set on a silver agouti or a mix of one with white or black at the moment, but it is amazing how hard it is to find.

I have thought about just getting two now and then if I find one have 3 but I worry that I wouldn't be able to give the equal love to all of them. I have only been looking since mid-October so we will see. I may just break down lol.

There is so much information here! I love it. I do want to be a well informed "cavy slave" as you put it here :)

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I don't know if it has been done, but perhaps a "wanted" ad on Craigslist? Maybe there is someone who has been thinking about rehoming her pig but just did not want to advertise it. Basically that is what happened to me. I had a "wanted" ad on Freecycle for guinea pig items, like toys and dishes, and the lady wrote and said please, please take my pigs...

KimberlyRose

Cavy Slave
I found my guinea pigs!! I haven't named them yet but I wanted to share the good news!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.