Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Wheezing Weezing and slight coughing

Tergale

Cavy Slave
First off let me apologize for not using the search function or looking around more but it's almost 1am here and I'm a little panicky at the moment.

I noticed my guinea pig was beeing a little weezy just now in the corner of his cage (he often sleeps there) so I picked him up and for 5-10 min he was very loud weezing during his wheeks and etc. He is def eating drinking and pooping and still active and only sign of URI he his showing is the weezing (not even 100% sure if it was weezing just never heard him make this noise before). It sounded like his normal little wheeks but deeper somewhat (if that makes any sense). He's back in his cage and eating now and being his avg self no odd noises but when I put him back in he coughed really hard.

I'm planning on going to the vet tomorrow or as soon as my vet will be able to see me because I am really worried right now.

(also his cage is VERY large for just one guinea pig and I use fleece bedding as well)

Thanks for any help and or insight you can give right now I would REALLY appreciate it.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
It sounds like it could be a URI but piggies have heart issues as well. Your first instinct to get him to a vet is the right one. And don't let them put you off. Get him there as soon as possible. I hope that it's nothing serious, but better safe (and pushy) than sorry. Please keep us posted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.