Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My concern about this forum

deborahjeanne

Cavy Slave
I am a little worried. I am a new member, though I have been reading posts for about a week now.

I note someone criticizing another person because they posted the same question in two different forums. (I mean somewhere besides cavycages) I don't see what's wrong with that, if I have a question I like to check with more than one person, and sometimes one place might be quieter and take longer to get a reply. Or maybe someone doesn't know the answer in one forum, but someone at the other forum might. I can understand not wanting people to post in multiple forums on the same site, but to attack someone for posting somewhere off site seems wrong to me.

All in all, I'm becoming scared to post anything here. It doesn't seem to take much to cause people to attack. I find it interesting that people care so much about their pets, but they don't really seem to care about the feelings of people on these boards.

deborah

Well, I post about the same topic on different forums, not so much now since this is the only one I really go on. Well, I don't know who you are talking about. I don't think we would jump on somebody for posting the same question, its up to them

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I think we do. Sometimes we don't get the full story, so we assume. Not always, but there are some threads that do get heated for no reason.

Deborah, I know exactly what post you are talking about. I happened upon it yesterday and I agree with you. I have no idea as to why that responder got so disturbed that this poster asked the same question on another forum. Maybe there is more to the story than we know. If there was the responder should have let us in on it. Otherwise there was no reason for that rude reply.

Anyway, you will come upon many negative responses to posts which you may find not very nice, some may be founded and many will not be. I tend not to get involved. I have learned that it doesnt pay. I give my advice when I can and I gain knowledge from those whom I choose to and leave it at that. I'll leave the hostilities to others.

Anyway, dont let it intimidate you. There are many nice people here who would love any questions you may have and will answer in a very nice fashion.

Thankyou Pennick. I have enough experience online to know the best path is to resist the urge to say anything, but I guess I just needed some reassurance. Probably has to something to do with reading the post around 2 am.

deborah

Please don't let a few rude posts run you off from this site. It is the best cage site you will find anywhere. Sometimes people don't intend to sound rude even though their post reads like a rude comment. There are many very passionate people here and things tend to get "stormy". Any "heated" discussions are now moved to the kitchen forum.

I've only been a member for a few days and I haven't seen any rude messages. Everyone has been very helpful so far :) I'm glad I found this place.

Yes I'm really glad I found this place too. There are very helpful people here.

deborah

I know that people can sometimes be rude, but then again everyone has bad days in their lifetimes. Just try to do your best to look around the somewhat, shall we say, interesting remarks that seem to be circulating recently and you'll do just fine. :)

Wehn one is passionate about a subject, strong words are often said, and sometimes the wrong ones.

Take it in stride. The advice given here is pretty good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.