Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Josie and Linda

danielle715

Cavy Slave
I just adopted two pigs last weekend named Josie and Linda. Josie is about 3 and Linda is 5 months. I built a 2x4 C&C cage with a 1x2 upper deck. This is a lot more room then they had before. I seem to catch Josie picking on Linda a lot. They lived in the same cage (smaller than this one) before i adopted them. The previous owner didn't mention any problems. Is one dominating the other normal? Is there something i can do without separating them? Also i think they are itching a bit too much for comfort. If anyone is the Albany NY area knows a cavy savy vet let me know. I am going to start making calls tomorrow. My last question is i noticed most people on this site are using fleece bedding (this site is wonderful). Growing up i had a guinea pig and used aspen shavings. The first two days here i used towels with the intension to change to fleece (i even bought a cool purple camo one) and they just potty everywhere! How do you guys keep the fleece so clean is there a trick i am missing? I am using an aspen and carefresh mix right now- if i used towels or fleece i would be doing laundry everyday. I would like to have the shavings in a "potty" area and a fleece in the other areas of the cage. I'll listen to any advice anyone has for me! (Just a cool/odd thing to add- i looked for months to rescue two pigs with no luck. These guys came up out of the blue and the funny thing is my moms name is JoAnn and her friends call her Josie and my grandmothers name is Linda. Is that weird or what?)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.