Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet My vet it not cavy savy at all!

Poelitstudent

Cavy Slave
So now I already finished all the adoption documents for my tiny shelter and I have three cute peruvian girls up for adoption. Somebody is already interested in one of the girls the problem is the following when I received them I took all of them to the vet. He said they were fine only one of the girls had an infected cut. The thing is that I have been noticing that the girl that most likely is going to be adopted has a feet that is a little bit swollen. It get bigger every day I took her back to the vet said she was fine to stop stressing about it. I think it is bumblefoot my question is what do I tell the vet to prescribe or what do I do help please.

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Honestly, if I were you and I had any doubts about my vet, I would get a new one. I do not think it's fair at all to in a way gamble with the well-being of your girls.

Please do not take this post as me being mean, that is not the intention. This is simply what I would do.

Poelitstudent

Cavy Slave
Ok it is my fault because I didnt provide enough background information. First of all I am from Puerto Rico not to dimish my people but we dont have many good vets around here the only one that I found that didnt laugh when I told him her that I wanted him her to check on my guinea pigs was this one. And yes I checked all over the island the only one willing to see them was this one because he comes from the States has a little more experience than the rest.

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Ahh, ok. I understand. Well, what if you just flat out asked him if she has bumblefoot?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave

Poelitstudent

Cavy Slave
I called him and he told me I was not a vet to give a diagnosis

Poelitstudent

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much Paula you know what when I called him and told him about what I had read in this website he told me without even taking a glance at it that this was just people with no experience whatsoever giving their opinion that doesnt replace a vet degree Can you believe that? But now that I have this info I am going tomorrow prepared I am just happy that I didnt let him neuter my boys. For now what can I do for her?

juliaaa

Cavy Slave
Maybe you could go to another vet, even if they're not as cavy savvy. They at least might be willing to research bumble foot and it's treatment.

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
Juliaaa- "Maybe you could go to another vet, even if they're not as cavy savvy. They at least might be willing to research bumble foot and it's treatment."

Ok it is my fault because I didnt provide enough background information. First of all I am from Puerto Rico not to dimish my people but we dont have many good vets around here the only one that I found that didnt laugh when I told him her that I wanted him her to check on my guinea pigs was this one. And yes I checked all over the island the only one willing to see them was this one because he comes from the States has a little more experience than the rest.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
People with no experience whatsoever huh? Experience from thousands of people is much better than one incompetent vet.

vicky2

Cavy Slave
If it's bumblefoot, you can order this cream Happy Soles from gorgeous guineas. It might help.

Poelitstudent

Cavy Slave
Well guys went to the vet showed him the information he told me he didnt have the proper treatment for it. Then he told me that since I already know what it is to order the medicine on my own. Jeez, I am going to try to do it on my own because now she isnt even using that feet anymore she drags it. I am so furious I am going to talk to one of my fiance's friend that is a pilot to see if he is willing to take me and the girl to Florida does anybody know a good vet over there? If not I will have to do it myself

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry about the situation-it sounds tough. Good luck to you and your girls! I think they have a list on GuineaLynx of recommended vets, but since I live quite far from Florida I can't give you any suggestions myself. Good luck once again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.