Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from 'Deepest Derbyshire', England!

Fudgenrolo

Cavy Slave
Hello to everyone! I actually appear to have joined this forum in 2005 but have never posted! :eek:hmy:

I think that at the time I was thinking of getting Guinea Pigs but it didn't work out. Anyway; some four years later I am once again researching Guinea Pigs with a view to adopting a pair (or possibly a trio!) once I have everything in place. It might be in two or three months' time yet but am doing my research now so as to be properly prepared.

I've been lurking on the forum and reading posts and finding things out as a guest but I decided that it would be far nicer to be a member so I can join in and ask questions!

I have always been a fan of C&C cages and have recommended them to others several times so my cage will certainly be C&C. I have already sourced my grids though haven't bought them yet and I have located a possible source for my coroplast too. I'm a 'researchaholic' - I always like to be fully aware of things before I do anything and have researched all my pets apart from the odd one that ended up 'on my doorstep' so to speak.

I've also located two rescues nearby with (sadly) lots of guinea pigs available for rehoming. The difficult part will be choosing just two or three to come home with us.

I'm married and my husband is luckily as soft as I am with the animals. We have hamsters, chinchillas, degus, gerbils and mice at the moment from various rescues etc. and we're looking forward to having piggies to love and spoil alongside them. lol

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Where abouts in Derbyshire are you from? It's nice to have someone else from the UK, there aren't that many on here (in comparison!) I too am a researchaholic!

ameyjaney

Cavy Slave
Hello :). Nice to meet you. Research is always fun.

Fudgenrolo

Cavy Slave
Thank you! :)

I live near to Chesterfield, close to the M1. I do enjoy research - and it fills the time until I can actually adopt some pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.