Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cuddle Cups, Cozy, Pigloos ?

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I've gone threw many pictures here on this forum and I see some people have hide aways some don't some have all three some dont some have just a cuddle cup and no pigloos. So whats up with that? I was always told to have a pigloo, now I see some people don't use them at all and have cuddle cups and cozies. So I guess my question is do you need all three or a few cuddle cups and cozies? :?:

luvmycavies

Cavy Slave
it is always good to have hidey places...one extra per piggy. Now, some pigs are not so particular and really like the cozies and cuddle cups.
I would say, have the hieies available and see what yours like.

GuineaPigGalore

Cavy Slave
My 4 pigs Adore living in their little pigloos, I have all of the colors! You should totally invest in a few of these, depending on how many pigs you have.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I would get at least one hidey per pig that the pig can get underneath to feel safe (like a pigloo or a box with holes cut out of it). I like hideys with more than one exit so no pig gets blocked in. Then feel free to add cozies and cuddle cups as well.

wheekers01

Cavy Slave
I have 2 hideys for my one girly. She loves them both but loves the puzzle block one more. I don't have any cuddle cups. I made one but it turned out terrible so I use that when I hold her.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Some people don't use pigloos because they're commonly a source of fighting. I use bent grids covered in fleece because of this. The grid-tunnels have two exits so the pigs can get away and more ventilation, which is important to me in the hot summer months (I have no air conditioning). I've seen people who use cuddle cups and drape fleece over the corner of the cage so the cups have a 'roof'. Pigloos aren't the only option, or the end all be all of hidey houses for pigs. It all depends on what works best for you and them.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
thanks this has now given me and Idea or three on what I can do for my piggies for bedding and hiding.

4callmemama

Cavy Slave
Has anyone used a coffee can? I have 2 girls and I have 2 coffee cans (one metal, and one plastic) they seem to like the metal one best but use them both. They're the big cans of course so they can fit and not get stuck.

Madeleine

Cavy Slave
We've tried a range with ours and they both absolutely love the cardboard boxes that wine in a cask comes in. We open one end and rip out the area the tap pokes out of to make it a bit bitter so they have two exits. It is their favourite thing to be in - nothing else comes close. They like climbing on top of it too and the cardboard is sturdy enough to take that.

Its funny how sometimes something cheap and simple works best.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.