Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Debbie and Neeny

shelleyd2008

Cavy Slave
We (my son and I) have recently bought 2 young guinea pig females. Debbie was our first piggy, and she is about 3 or 4 months old. Neeny is our newest addition, and is still a little baby, about 1 month old. They are just a joy to have! I have never had guinea pigs before, they are so loving! Debbie is a nibbler, and Neeny doesn't know what to do with us just yet. We have only had Neeny a few days though, so I'm sure she will learn to run from my son soon enough lol

We don't yet have a C&C cage built for them, but I am planning on getting the materials for one within the next week. They will have a 2x5 C&C cage on our covered porch, which I'm sure they will enjoy more than their current 2' x 3' tub home. I'm hoping to be able to make the cage 2 levels, and buying enough of the cube material to make a foraging pen as well.
Thanks so much for this site, I have learned so much already!

Welcome to GPC, i'm glad you have rescued a pig and are going to be making a C&C cage for both of them. You will have two happy and pop-corning pigs! Make sure you get the supplies for a C&C cage as soon as you can because bins/tubs do not make great homes for guinea pigs as it does not provide proper air circulation that they need.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.