Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Another newbie here!

warlordcupcake

Cavy Slave
Hello!
I'm new to Guinea Pigs Cages, and pretty new to Guinea Pigs.
I'd been thinking of getting a Guinea Pig for a while. I have hamsters (at the moment two 3 year old dwarf hamsters). My boyfriend has adopted Guinea Pigs when he was younger. He knows a lot about Guinea Pigs and hes made C&C cages for his Guinea Pigs in the past. So he told me a lot about Guinea Pigs and how they take a lot of time and attention. How they need lots of room and their cages need to be cleaned once a week. Also about the Timothy Hay, fresh vegetables and nail trimmings.
A few months ago we went out and found my baby girl Mochi. Since then I love my baby Mochi so much. ^w^
My boyfriend does use the website Guinea Lynx and after looking at that I found this site and Cavyspirit.
Since he and the sites said Guinea Pigs are social we went found an other little girl and named her Pocky. I followed all the directions with the quarantine period just in case. Every since then Mochi is so much happier. They love to play together and cuddle.
Of course just a few days ago I signed up for the website. I enjoy reading other people's stories and looking at the pictures.
Anyway ever since I've gotten my Guinea Pigs I've gotten obsessed. I've always loved animals being a vegetarian since I was 6 years old. I never realized how cute and wonderful Cavys are. Now I'm even thinking of volunteering at my local Guinea Pig shelter.
The biggest reason I love my Guinea Pigs I feel like I can relate to them. XD Also I've also been trying to get over some bad depression and bad social anxiety, and I have to say both my Mochi and Pocky have made very much more happy. ^w^ Hopefully I'm making both of them very happy in return. :3
I know I will get lots of extra help reading the posts here.
I have already started on making the some of the toys and treats I see other people make for their piggies.
I'm happy I have a vet near by that specializes in Guinea Pigs. I've already taken Mochi and Pocky for a check up and nail trimming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you feel. My girls bring me lots of happiness and company when my boyfriend is at work and i'm home alone. it's like a two for one deal, guinea pig and happiness all bunched up into one.

haha.

Welcome to gpc!
I know you'll find answers to any question you havee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.