Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How much floor time should I give them?

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
Since Ive just down sized my cage by a LOT how much do my pigs need? Right now they are in a 2x4 with a 1x2 attachtment. I have three pigs. I was thinking of doing this >>>>

The Red "grids" would be a fence so they cant get into all that good stuff under the cage.
The Yellow is a ramp ofcourse
The Blue would be a grid wall and that would be the area for floor time and, the fence would be just zip tied together so I could just fold it back in place. It would be however big I could make it.

What do you guys think?

Adorable

Cavy Slave
I think the ramp is too long and steep. Can you have it double back with a landing? That would give them both more room to run, and be more inviting.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
They need the minimum of an hour of floor time a day, no matter the cage size. More is always better.

freakywheeky

Cavy Gazer
I think that the ramp is too long also, I'd be scared they would fall off in the midst of popcorning or something!!
Not to stray from your subject, but does anyone know if there is ever too much floor time.One day when I was off of work, I took my Speedy out like at 11:00 am and didn't put him back in his cage until about 8:00pm. We had a lot of fun all day, but the next day he wouldn't eat much and was a little lethargic. Ever since then I've been hesitant on leaving him out very long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.