Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Ideas for Coroplast

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Hi! We are thinking of building a C&C cage but there are no sign shops around here. Is there other substitutions? Plastic or maybe even Alphabet and numbers foarm boards or something. Please, I need ideas quickly, I want to start building right away. I wish I could get some pics of my Guinea Pigs but I cannot. So Carly and Sandy say Hi and hope you can help me find other substitutions for Coroplast so we(Carly and Sandy) can have a lot of space to run and play with each other without being cramped in these little, tiny Pet store cages.

Hi! We are thinking of building a C&C cage but there are no sign shops around here. Is there other substitutions? Plastic or maybe even Alphabet and numbers foarm boards or something.
Yes, the foam boards are a very good idea.
You can also have a bottom of wood/plywood, and put linoleum on it, instead of coroplast.

You can find pictures and get idea from here with alternative cages https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/512

You can use just about anything. I use the foam mats, and put a towel over them. Others use ply wood with a tarp over it, some use a shower curtain with towels over it. You can use just about anything you want as long as you can manage it and it is a safe solution for your piggies.

Hello,
I couldn't find coroplast either, so I lined the bottom of the cubes with layers of cardboard for stability and used a tarp. It is waterproof, inexpensive, and works great! I still want to try and find coroplast for when I expand, but for now it's awesome!

Can you guys show me pictures of your cages?

if there is a Lowe's near you, they sell small, white coroplast pieces that my papa just cut up and then when there was a bottom and 6" sides, we just taped it together. The fleece goes over the sides, so we dont have to worry about my baby eating the tape. You can also used foam board that you can get at any craft supply store

There are galleries that have so many pictures. Have a look at those.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.