Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Home Construction--can't allow floor time

• Thread starter iluvmypigclover
  • Start date

iluvmypigclover

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone!

Currently, we are getting some construction done on the room where Clover's cage is. We had to move everything in that room into our living room (TV, Clover's cage, computer), so there is no room for her to run around. I haven't and won't be able to put her out for floor time for about a month. Currently, I have been taking out everything I can from her cage and putting up newspaper tunnels for her to run through. She has a 2x4 cage (I removed the upper deck when we moved the cage, I'll put it back on when we can move her back), but with 2 newspaper tunnels, her pellet dish, her waterbottle with a rock underneath, there still isn't much room to let her run around. I don't want to let her loose in the kitchen because there are lots of little corners and nooks that would be near impossible to piggy-proof. I really don't know what I can do to give her floor time without a floor! Oh, and upstairs is out of the question because we spend almost all of our time downstairs so nobody would be able to watch her.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
You could just take her out and make a corral sort of thing with your arms or something. If you just take the guinea pig out and play with him, that may help a bit. maybe if you completely re arrange the cage it may help a bit with the exploration aspect of it.

Last edited:

Fraggle's Mom

Cavy Slave
I use leftover storage cubes bound with zip-ties as sort of a pen. I throw a really cheap shower curtain in the middle of the livingroom rug, cover that with a fleese blanket, then put the pen around it. Throw in a couple of toys and some hay rolls (from Toiletpaper rolls cut lengthwise and stuffed with hay) and my girls run around and play like crazy!

The shower curtain protects the rug, and since my house isn't piggy-proofed either, it works really well for us!

iluvmypigclover

Cavy Slave
Okay! If I can dig up the extra grids from the garage, I'll see if I can make a coral! Thanks for the ideas!

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
You're welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.