Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

CareCredit for vet bills?

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
Has anyone used Care Credit? It's supposed to be like a credit card for healthcare, and your pets health care, but there no annual fees, and depending on the payment plan, no interest.

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this, because I'd like to apply.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I have it. It's pretty much what it says it is - you can use it at any vet (or other health care provider, actually) that accepts it and they charge very low (or no) interest.

It's totally worth having for use in an emergency.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
Is there anything that I have to pay every year? or any hidden fees? I've never had a credit card yet because I'm nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up with the interest and hidden fees, but this one is strictly for health care and vet care, so I know I couldn't like max it out and spend a ton in interest and struggle to pay it back.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
No hidden fees. Whatever interest rate you start with (if any) is what you'll stick with. They don't try to do anything sneaky, and the minimum monthly payments are very low.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I only got one negative feedback about it, out of like 20. He said that it's powered by GE money and that is overseas and they tacked on charges? He said he didn't pay them and it got sent to a collection agency, but I'm guessing he didnt pay on time or within the 12 months or whatever that you have to pay no interest, so they tacked on the interest for going over. That's my guess.

Do you have to spend a certain amount to charge it? Because I need to take both my pigs to the vet, because the one is young and pregnant and I want to get her looked at, and she's also began to sneeze and cough, so I need to go for that reason of course as well. I also need to take my other one because they are housed near eachother, so they both may be getting sick. I'm thinking I'll have the office visit fee so maybe like 60 for that, and if both need meds like 200? I'm not sure.

alm_nin

Cavy Slave
I actually just got a CareCredit card, I haven't used it yet though. I got it to use for my cat's cancer surgery in a week.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
When you go to the vet what do you have to pay upfront? Or do they bill you instead? I need to know if I need the card before I go. I've never had to take them before.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I bet the "extra charges" that got "tacked" on were late fees when he didn't pay. I've never had any issues with it. It is owned by GE Money, but my experience has been that they don't do anything shady.

It's a credit card, so you have to make monthly payments.

And you will need to have the card if you want to use it to charge. They do bill you (GE) but the vet needs to receive payment at the time of service, probably, unless you can work something out with them.

You don't have to spend a certain amount, but you will have a "limit" that you can't go over.

urockstar

Cavy Slave
I'd love to get CareCredit but was denied last year because my credit isn't that great. And it says you can't reapply once you've been denied which I don't understand. Very nice.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
We have it. We used it after our dog was hospitalized for going into renal failure. We had 3 months to pay it off with no interest. Our chihuahua has special needs and in this case, I'm not sure how we would have paid for the needed care without it. She became ill quite suddenly. Our experiance using it was very positive. We keep it on hand now just in case an emergency should arise.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I'd love to get CareCredit but was denied last year because my credit isn't that great. And it says you can't reapply once you've been denied which I don't understand. Very nice.

I heard from someone if you get denied you can try again with a cosigner.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.