Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Random tip

Amethyst

Cavy Slave
I found out a neat thing today that I thought I'd share with all of you...I've had my piggies for a few days now and they completely ignored their water bottle...I had a water dish for them and they drunk out of that, but I wanted to teach them how to use the water bottle. So yesterday while I was holding my piggy I held the water bottle in front of her and nudged the ball to make a few drips fall on her face, she licked the water off and after a few more times she started chewing on the end of the water bottle. Today she's drinking out of it just fine. ❤️

Since this is a random tip thread, do you mind if I butt in on it??

I made two snuggle sacks (That's what I call them; not sure of the actual name. It's the sacks that are lined with fleece that they can crawl back in...) and I couldn't figure out how to get them to stay open without ribbing. And I didn't know where to buy the ribbing from. So I took a 3lb butter tub and cut the top of it off to make a "ring" and put it into the opening of the sack.. It works wonderfully!! If anyone is interested in how I did it, I can try to put pics on here.... Thanks Amethyst, and I hope you don't mind me mooching off of your thread!!

Hi, I like your idea. Question though, can you wash them without worrying about the inner ring snapping in the washing machine?

Please do provide pictures. Thank you.

Last edited:
I just washed both of mine, but I only had the cloth folded over the ring, so I took it out before throwing them in. I imagine that drying them will soften the plastic ring and possibly bend them out of shape. It is trial and error I guess. But I will soon let you know how they hold up to cleaning because I am going to sew the ring into the fabric. (When I can catch my piggies not in them!)

You should be able to find ribbing at a fabric or craft store.

What would use the ribbing for? What is ribbing?

Actually I found a way where I didn't need to put a rib in my Cuddle sacks. Just when you're making them make them a little bit longer than usual. And then just roll it over. mine usually stay up until the next washing! But I almost bought a ribbing for the sacks. Maybe even some craft wire would work!!

Valerie -Ribbing gives rigidity, which would make the cups stand open rather than flopping.

So I took a 3lb butter tub and cut the top of it off to make a "ring" and put it into the opening of the sack.. It works wonderfully!!

Great idea! That actually answers the question that I just posted a thread about.

(Whoops.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.