Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! Meet my girls.

Becksters

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have had my two beautiful ladies for about 3 years.

Clarence (female.....obviously did not know what I was doing 3 years ago) we tried to rename to Clair but now we call her both lol

Hello!  Meet my girls.

Clarence was a pet shop pig, came to us at roughly 4-5 weeks old and tiny. Luckily not pregnant and no major health issues to date hooray!
She weighs 1401g (mmhmm) and is turning 3 in November. She is a giant scaredy-pig. She is calm and will let you do basically anything because she's been handled since coming into our home, which is nice. But very timid in nature generally.

After learning the error of our ways we adopted a second female 2 months later...Matilda!

Hello!  Meet my girls.

Her age is unknown but she was already mature when we brought her home in February 2006 so we're guessing she's in the 3-4 year old range. She had terrible nails that are permenantly curled at 90 degree angles although much better now because we keep them as short as possible She is our resident boss pig, the loudest, the most adventerous and isn't scared of anything.

She attempted a couple Kamakazie missions as she did not like to be handled when we first brought her home, but now she is the greatest lap pig that ever lived (in my opinion) her favourite thing to do is sleep on my boyfriends lap all pancaked out.

Those are my two girls and I'm Becky. We live in Kelowna BC Canada.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
her favourite thing to do is sleep on my boyfriends lap all pancaked out
That is so adorable!

Everyone here is informative and gives great advice on how to best care for piggies.
I learn something new everyday that I'm here and added "pig research" time to my daily routine.

Welcome to this site!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Welcome Becky! Those pigs of yours are quite adorable! Watch out for pignappers. :)

Becksters

Cavy Slave
heehee no pignapping for these two! (alllll mineeee).

They are wonderful girls for sure, distinctly different in appearence and personalities.

I've done lots of learning over the last 3 years, mostly in the first 3 months lol they've trained me well! Maybe too well since Clarence is now over 3 lbs...definately a cavy slave to these two!

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I recognize Matilda (who is very pretty by the way)- you're on GL, no?

Becksters

Cavy Slave
lol yes on GL and Wheekers... I suppose I'm slightly addicted to these little fur ball :D

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
ha ha, hey there Becksters. Nice to see you over here. The 5boars say HELLO!

Becksters

Cavy Slave
Hey! Awe, how are the boys doing?

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Well, we've had a rough week. Piggles is ill again :(. I don't want to say too much til I find out what's going on. But Welcome to GPC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.