Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast locations or alternative materials?

anarashka

Cavy Slave
Hey there,
I'm using the cavy cages design to make a large ferret cage. I'm reinforcing it with a PVC frame to hold 3 levels, the idea is sound, the blueprints that I created are great. The problem? Coroplast. I went to 2 places that sell signs, the cheapest of the two wanted to sell me blank, unprinted coroplast for $60 for a 4x8 sheet. I need 2.5 sheets (custom cutting done at home, no worries there). The other place only sells printed ones for over $100 a pop.

This is the same place that is listed on the "where I got my materials" site that sold it for $10 a pop 3 years ago (north attleboro, MA).

If anyone has a better location that I can look for coroplast, that would be a lifesaver. I really need it, and soon, but I cannot pay $60 per sheet either. I'm stuck moving the ferrets back to the tiny cage that they came to me in (they are rescues). I want to give them this huge great cage, one that I can clean easily, give them lots of space and toys and hammocks, but I'm caught on the coroplast part.

Can someone contact me and help me out with this? Thanks guys!

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
Best advice is to get out the phone book and call sign stores in your location. I wouldn't pay more then $30 at the very most. It's normally from $15-$25.

smudgie

Cavy Slave
Hi there! I bought mine at a art supply store, they even rolled and taped it for me...was only $20. I actually let my "fingers" do the walking.
good luck

Jessemaphone

Cavy Slave
I used linoleum. I think the coroplast would have worked better, but we gave up after trying 5+ places. My cage isn't a multi-level, but I think the linoleum would still work and it's easy to cut to size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.