Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Working at Petstore

Himino

Cavy Slave
For awhile I was thinking of working at a petshop but now I don't know. I definetly don't support they way the animals are treated. I was thinking if I did work at one I could help to educate my co-workers, and customers. Do things like tell people who are interested in buying fish to small pets and birds at the store that the best way to go would be at a shelter. And reccomend this site, maybe make up list of cavy care sites and things like that any thoughs on this subject?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I think its a good idea. Go for it

Himino

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the support. I was really afraid, that when I posted this I was going to get totally stomped on!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I would love to work at my nearest pet store to change stuff. They keep rabbits and pigs together and sell lots of crap stuff, such as cedar bedding and wheels. I have to wait another year yet though since I'm not old enough. As soon as I am, I'm applying for a job.

Himino

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
I would love to work at my nearest pet store to change stuff. They keep rabbits and pigs together and sell lots of crap stuff, such as cedar bedding and wheels. I have to wait another year yet though since I'm not old enough. As soon as I am, I'm applying for a job.
I am also but I think in the future sometimes! lol

Kizerk

Cavy Slave
me too, i've grown up always wanting to work at petco, but after i came here, i discovered that petco is a horrible place. so now when i get older, i want to start my own petshop, where the animals will be well cared for, but it's more difficult though.

Himino

Cavy Slave
if you start a petshop you shouldn't sell animals at all.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Thats what I want to do. I want a pet supply store that has animals up for adoption from local rescues.That would be so awesome dont you think?

Himino

Cavy Slave
Yeah that is a really great idea! I wish I lived out there in sunny CA we could be bussiness partners! lol

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
That would be a lot of fun! Too bad, maybe one of us could move? Just joking.

Himino

Cavy Slave
lol! well good luck on that maybe you'll post here in 15 years saying you were sucessful!

Katie

Cavy Slave
I just applied at my local pet store. The way I see it, they are paying me to educate the public, not to sell crappy items at the store.

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I ahve thought about working at a pet store. I would rather work at a local shelter than working at a pet store. I might find out if humane society needs people. Not in volenter(sp) because I work 5 days a week at subway and doing both would be too much for me. I might call them tomorrow when I get home from work to see if they do. I just love animals so much that I would love to work with them and help too.

Himino

Cavy Slave
Well I do love volunteering, I've volunteered for several places.. well only one the Dog's Den, but in January I'm taking a class at the humane society so I can volunteer there also. I wish there was a guinea pig rescue closer to my home or I would volunteer there as well but I can't travel very far because my mom doesn't drive. On the subject of working at a petstore I was just thinking out loud, I really would like to have a job working with animals or either little little kids.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
If someone runs a successful adoption chain, one that is responsible and reputable, I'll definitely be going there. Go for it!

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
i was also thinking of working at Petsmart when i get older casue i am too young now. But now i am thinking that i will starte my own pet store when i get older that cares for animals and educates people about them.

I was thinking of volunteering at a pet rescue while now but i can't find anywhere in RI that will let a 13 year old volunteer without a parent with me becaseu my parents work full time. Anyone know of anywhere that would let me volunteer?

Kizerk

Cavy Slave
i like the idea of having a petstore, that has animals from the shelters for adoption. but what about other animals like hamsters and fish?

RustBottum

Cavy Slave
I like those too i would have any pet.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Lots of times they are up for adoption too. Mybe not fish, but other small animals.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.