Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Do you put Grids underneath the coroplast?

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if you're supposed to put grids underneath the coroplast on the bottom of the cage. I would see why if you are supposed to but I can't tell from most of the pictures on the site if there are grids underneath the coroplast or not. Just thought I'd ask so I know for sure if I need to put some there as well or not. Thanks Again

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
If you are planning on putting teh cage on a table or something, especially if the cage is bigger and overlaps slightly, then yes you need grids on the bottom. The same goes for if you have a raised cage with storage space underneath.
You would need the grids on the bottom otherwise they will simply fall off!

If you are placing the cage straight onto the floor then no, you don't need a grid floor.

Hope this makes sense.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If you have a table that is large enough or a plywood base to sit the cage on then you don't need grids under the coroplast.

erikahand83

Cavy Slave
Was just letting everyone know that my cage is finished. YAY!!! I did as Ly said above and put a plywood base on the bottom of the cage underneath the coroplast. It is going to be on a table my parents gave us. The greatest news of all of course is that I'm going to go get my to piggies Midnight and Ralphy from the rescue tomorrow and bring them home. I am very excited and nervous at the same time to meet and bring them home. Anyways, thanks for all the advice on the cage. Next I will probably end up needing plenty of advice on what to do when they get home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.