Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

You guys ARE making changes!

Justin

Cavy Slave
Hi.

I want to share story regarding my recent adventure for having guinea pigs.

Recently, I read a guinea pig book. The author convinced me how wonderful it is to have guinea pigs and breed babies.

I decided to buy a nice cage, buy a pretty pair of pigs from Petco, breed some cute babies, neuter all males, ending up with a happy family ever after! And I would have done it without education from guineapigcages.com and cavyspirit.com

As an online shopping addict, I searched google for a cheap cage. I ended up in guineapigcages and got the wonderful idea of large C&C cage. Thank you! But I was in hurry and didn't read any further.

After I built nice three story 2x4 cage. I visited several local Petco stores. They had unhealthy, scared, and not very attractive pigs. Then my wife remembered a guinea pig rescue event in a local Petco store. She found business card and gave it to me. It had only a phone number. I left voice message but it was never returned for two weeks.

I finally figured out that maybe there are other rescues! And from Google search, I found CavySpirit.com and learned some other important lessons regarding guinea pigs.

I ended up with adopting four boars in large c&c cage and gave up on breeding.

Not only that, many of my friends and relatives will get the lesson too.

So you see, you do make changes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RufussMom

Cavy Slave
Wow, I am soo glad you found this place! So it sounds like you now understand why we even have rescues, because of people who breed them, because babies are cute. This site aims to teach people about what you just learned. Congratulations on saving four lives!

Justin

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I couldn't miss it. When you search it on Google, it comes on top!

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Welcome Justin!

We also did a 360-degree turn-around regarding guinea pigs after finding this site! Unfortunately, like you, we were exposed to the wrong (dangerous) information before we discovered the source for proper care.

Enjoy your new little "masters"! They have a way of taking over your life in such a charming, adorable way that you don't even realize that you're hooked until it's too late! :D

luvsgiraffes

Cavy Slave
Hi! Welcome to the site!
I'm sure you are having a ton of fun with your 4 new babies.
I'm glad you shared your story of adopting. I too was considering getting my babies from a pet store, I didn't think that rescues would keep piggies. I'm glad that I was patient and found the 2 girls I have now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.