Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Can't find Coroplast...

AneesasMuse

Cavy Slave
I have about 4 sets of cubes here, zip-ties, furniture, etc. ...but I can't find actual Coroplast at any of the listed supply places. Is that weird or what?

I'm in the East Bay side of San Francisco Bay Area.. checked all the TAP Plastics places.. Interstate Plastics.... sign shops.. nada! They have some kind of Foam PVC sheet stuff. It's not corrugated. Will that work?

Thanks... Giorgi is getting anxious about his new house. :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Have you tried looking in the yellow pages for sign shops and printing shops?

AneesasMuse

Cavy Slave
No, not yet... but I'll look tomorrow. Thanks.

I was just using the references on this site.. there's a locator thingy.

relay

Cavy Slave
You could also try making the base out of wood and then getting the stick on linoleum tiles. Takes a little more work than the choroplast. Did you try googling it? I tried the finder thing too and couldn't find anything. I went to google maps and typed in "sign". I found a place about 45 mins. away. I e-mailed them asked them about it and sure enough they had it and for $15 a sheet! Good luck!

ali's_pigs123

Cavy Slave
If you can't find it, don't worry, there are alternatives to coroplast!
If worse comes to worse you can use
Linoleum (Puts pressure on grids, be careful!)
Plywood with tarp
Just use grids as cage and have other cage for night! (That is what I do and it is really easy, put towels down for grids and you sweep it up every now and then)

AneesasMuse

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much, you guys!! :) I'm still calling around, but there's gotta be some place in such a large area. Giorgi wants a mansion, he says.. haha... so I have to find a few sheets soon! :p

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If you plan to use fleece, you can simply use an old shower curtain or a tarp, or what I use a large "contractor" 55 gal trash bag stretched out.

AneesasMuse

Cavy Slave
I do plan to use fleece, as I use it for my ratties also ...and it's good to know that I can get by with just a tarp or plastic liner of sorts. Thanks! :)

I called around a few more places today, and after being quoted anything from $200 to $15 ..haha... I have found a source within reasonable driving distance. Yey! (and yes, the $200 quote almost made me rethink Giorgi's mansion really quickly ...LOL)

I'll be working on his new digs for the next couple days or so, and then I'll try to get pics up.

Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.