Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fly Strips

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Hello everybody! Every spring/summer, I have a problem with flies in my guinea's room. Nothing special, just plain house flies. Well, I just noticed a couple and I'm wondering if it's ok to use those fly strips that unroll - the tacky strips. They are the kind you put syrup or honey or something in the bottom to attract more flies to the glue. They say no toxins, no vapors, ect., and that they are safe to use in food preparation areas and in areas babies sleep in, so I am thinking they are safe for my pigs but I wonder if anybody knows for sure?

:eye-poppi

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have the same problem every year. I use those fly strips myself and have never had a problem with them. I just don't hang them over the pigs cages. This year the flies seem worse for some reason. I have strips in every room of the house.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Thank you, Ly! I actually had one pinned up down there this morning and then had a moment of panic where I feared I'd go in and find them all belly up in their cages! So I took that one down but I'll put up another one!

Thanks again! :melodrama

Last edited:

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Thank you, Ly! I actually had one pinned up down there this morning and then had a moment of panic where I feared I'd go in and find them all belly up in their cages! So I took that one down but I'll put up another one!

Thanks again! :melodrama

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.