Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am so mad!

Jane_G

Cavy Slave
I got my new C&C cage today by FedEx (Thank you Sue!). :cheerful: I put it together no problem. Since we have 2 cats, I need to cover the cage. Me and the kids ran to Home Depot to get closet shelving. I found the kind I wanted (the widest they had), since I only needed to cover the outside end. The other end of the cage is under the cabinets on my kitchen counter.

I found a guy and he cut what I needed, gave me the skew number and we were off to check out. Imagine my surprise when I was informed that Home Depot does not cut shelving to size, you have to buy the whole thing!!!! It was $35!!!! So I went back, found the guy and he apologized, but said that he didn't know about it until just then. I had him cut up the rest of the shelf so I could cover both ends. Why waste? I then complained to the manager and he gave me $5 off of the shelf. :eek:hmy: How generous....

So, now, my question is what do I do with the other pieces? Talk about wasting shelving. My closets are already done with this exact type of shelving so it's not like I have any place else to use it.

It just burns me that an employees mistake winds up costing me money.

Cookie loves her new cage. I posted a picture of her in it, but without the covers. I also switched to fleece. I think she's in pig heaven.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.