Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chins Chinchilla Supplies

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
Please note, these are my opinions of quality supplies for reasonable places from sellers I have found to be trustworthy in repeated dealings with them. Links do not sell animals, and breeder's links are left out. Several are even rescues.

Toys, Hammocks, Hidey's, & Accessories:

(broken link removed) - Fleece tubes, turtle & penguin hammock, many fleece choices - The fleece tubes are my chins favorite thing, hands down. I would have 15 if I could. They are very secure and attach to the side of the cage anywhere. The fleece comes off for cleaning.

(broken link removed) - A small, new rescue in the Denver area, I have personally been there to pick up new toys. Some seriously spoiled chins reside there. The wood items are awesome! Giant willow cubes are particularly a hit, as you can hide other sticks and rose hips in them. Her hay boxes, bunk houses, tunnels, and particularly the lounge around playground are a big hit here.

(broken link removed) - A larger chin rescue that sells a ton of great toys and supplies. Ledges, hammocks, wood sticks, pumice, hanging toys, mats, wood tunnels, adorable carved hay boxes, & more!

(broken link removed) - Home of the create-a-toy, they also sell other supplies.

https://www.freewebs.com/simplychintastic/ - Home of the daybed and chilla-pilla, this pet owner also has neat ledges and ledges with built in food dishes. They can be custom made to your specs.

Cages:

https://qualitycage.com/chinchilla.html - The QC mansion and townhome are great chin cages. Very sturdy and easy to put together. Does not have plastic shelves, comes with kiln dried pine shelves which is safe for chewing. Get the custom additional door on QC mansion, it makes cleaning so much easier. The QC people will work with you on this request as they have done it countless times. Also consider the cage and shelf guards. They keep most poo, hay, and bedding inside the cage.

(broken link removed) - The townhouse here, while an acceptable size, is best used if the wire shelves replaced with a safe wood. Chins can get their feetsies stuck in the wire of the ramps. Ramps are unnecessary for chins, they love to jump!

https://www.ferret.com/ItemDetail.aspx?ItemNo=630503 - Ferret nation cages. Good price, but the ledges must be replaced with wood shelves. The spacing and ramps are unsafe otherwise. There is no pan in the bottom, BUT https://www.bassequipment.com sells custom drop-in pans specifically for the FN cages. Note that many other places sell the ferret nation cage, this is just one that doesn't sell animals and that offers reasonable shipping.

Wheels:

https://qualitycage.com/chinchilla.html - Quality Cage also sells the Chin-spin. Only the large, 15" size is appropriate. They last a long time, are easy to clean (powder coated!), and relatively quiet. Relatively is used for a reason here guys, no wheel with a chin running full speed really meets the definition of "quiet."

(broken link removed) - The Ed wheel, 1 inch less deep than the chin-spin, and a tiny bit louder in my opinion. I have one of these and one of the chin-spin. I prefer the chin-spin due to its lower price, powder coating, good shipping.

(broken link removed) - The flying saucer wheel! This wheel can take a bit longer for chins to learn to use, but once they do it's a great wheel. I have not used it, but apparently it is the most quiet, safest wheel.

(broken link removed) - Sold by ForChinate Chins rescue, about halfway down the page is a great alternative to the more expensive wheels. At only $18, it is sturdy and safe, but apparently a little loud, this wheel is a good bargain!

Food, Supplements, Dust, & Hay:
- Hay: Oxbow, Kleenmama, American Pet Diner
- Pellets: Oxbow, Mazuri, Tradition, Manna Pro Sho
- Dust: Blue Cloud, Blue Sparkle

(broken link removed) - Oxbow hay and oxbow chinchilla pellets are highly recommended. Critical Care is also available. You can search for a vendor near you as well.

(broken link removed) - KMs timothy is great for chins as well!

(broken link removed) - My chins favorite hay, and I've tried it all. It's always so green and fresh and smells delicious.

(broken link removed) - This rescue also sells Mazuri by the pound, timothy and alfalfa cubes, 100% timothy pellets, and Manna Pro Sho pellets. Blue Cloud and Blue Sparkle dust also available

(broken link removed) - Sells Mazuri, and Tradition by the pound. Blue Cloud & Blue Sparkle dust as well.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed) - This site is new, has a shopping cart which allows you to pay via paypal or credit card (through paypal). I just bought a corner house and a fleece tube. I'm thinking they will work for the guinea pigs as well! Also has supplements, quality food, blue cloud dust, and wood toys!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.