Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Climbing on Igloos/Fiddlesticks

tattooyu

Cavy Slave
I see SO many piggies that climb willy-nilly on top of their igloos and fiddlesticks. Neither of my piggies do that. Does anybody's piggies here do that?

Alexah-Joy

Cavy Slave
I have two young boars. They're only 2-months old. That being said, they climb all over the place - on their pigloos, on top of boxes, all over my lap. They are both always active and extremely high-energy.

I've also had pigs in the past who never climbed on top of anything. I think it depends on their personality, their age, the size of their cage, and so on and so forth. Each pig's an individual and some climb - some don't.

wiggley_narco

Cavy Gazer
Mine try--but always fail! :)

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Mine never try. They did when they were young, they would sit on top of their hideys(shoeboxes)

alerz

Cavy Slave
My pigs used to lay on top of their fiddlesticks and wooden house, but they haven't recently. This is going to sound strange, but I honestly think they would do it when they wanted to come out for floor time. When I had Dudley alone and I couldn't let him out at a time when he wanted to (he bites on the bars when he wants out), it was like he would have a "hissy fit" and end up on top of his wooden house looking very angry!

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
My pig climbs on top of his igloo to get the island, but he has a ramp too!! He goes down on the ramp, and on top of his igloo to get up!!

OCPiggies

Cavy Slave
Mine don't climb on anything either. In fact, I just built a 5x2 CC with a loft and they won't go up the ramp either.

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
The only thing my pigs climb on is their hammock. Anything else they prefer under.

QuackXP

Cavy Slave
Mine would climb up into their hayloft before I changed it so they could not because I was worried their leg would get stuck and hurt. They do get up on their hind paws to get hay and when begging for food.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.