Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thinking of fostering a rabbit!!??

piggylover101

Cavy Slave
I am thinking of fostering a rabbit (or two) from a local rescue. After Christmas most likely or even later.
I know I will need a cage, but what size? I was thinking a 2x3 because I can let the rabbit out to play most of the day, where as with the guinea pigs they aren't exactly litter box trainable or floor time trainable.
I know I will need food, water (obviuosly), and unlimited hay.
But does any one have any good links on how to care for a rabbit?
Basically any info about them. I want to be rabbit savy before I foster one.

Thanks in advance.

That's awesome! fostering is very rewarding and it helps animals in need. The BEST rabbit website is www.rabbit.org

Thanks for the link! I am so excited about fostering a bunny or two!

my rabbits are currently in a 2x3 cage and 1 high and its kinda too small. We are gonna make them a 2x5 and 2 high and they have room to stand and play.

Cool!!! The 2x5 cages sounds awesome!

Hi I'm new here, my name is waileng.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I'm in a opposite situation from you. I had always have rabbits and now are thinking of fostering some gp.

I know I will need a cage, but what size? I was thinking a 2x3 because I can let the rabbit out to play most of the day, where as with the guinea pigs they aren't exactly litter box trainable or floor time trainable
Maybe i have misread your post but which one of the two you mean are not litterbox and floor time trainable. I can assure you that rabbits are very intelligent animals and can be litter box trained. I was actually looking for some affirmation that gp are litter box trainable. My rabbits are great with litter box habits and hopefully i'll be able to achieve the same ease with the gps.

Actually, I think she was talking about her piggies, not the rabbits. Good luck with your fostering project! It's an admirable cause.

Piggies are funny when it comes to litterboxes. Some will some wont. The majority wont use them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.