Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello Cavies of the world!

s_anthony

Cavy Slave
Many years ago I was a Rabbit and Cavy breeder in my teens. I showed rabbits and pigs in Texas. I eventually stopped because I slowly started to feel I was part of an overpopulation problem (nothing against breeders.. just a personal decision I made)..

I swore never again to clean a dirty cage... but that sweet cooing sound and squealing sound never left my memory. I longed for my Mini Rexs and my Cavies...

Now, I feel having rabbits in my home is a bit much at this point since I now live up north and I can't have cages outdoors.. but Cavies.. well..

I caved. I adopted 2 adorable pigs a few months ago when we bought a house.

I just caved again - I am adopting 2 more tomorrow night.

I bought an older house, so space is definately more available than some newer homes - so I came here researching C&C cages. This is an awesome site.. I wish I knew about these years ago...

I wanted to stop in, say hi.. and see what good info I can find out in the forums.

s_anthony

Cavy Slave
Ok so I'm bummed now. The adoption for the additional pigs fell through .. but they are going to a permanant home - mine would have been fostering since they were male and mine are female...

So I guess I'll just work on making a new cage for my current pigs... and maybe a rescue will fall into my lap...

s_anthony

Cavy Slave
Well.. things changed and again I'll be picking up the pigs tonight...

This will be a foster most likely - until I can find someone to take them or trade them for sows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.