Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cheap fleece, easy cozies and "watch" for cubes on sale!

Ferrickhead28

Cavy Slave
Just thougth I would pass on these great suggestions!!!

I just purchased a couple of fleece throws at Walmart. They are oversized, in different colors, perfect for a cavy cage and....THEY ARE ONLY $3.94!!! I actually used ONE throw for three cages. Regular cages for now, I just got sick and tired of using aspen so I did the suggested wash the fleece 4-5 times drying between washes to prepare the fleece to absorb liquid. Anyway, just wanted to pass that suggestion on, its a great price for fleece!

Next, I came up with a clever idea for a cozy. A Christmas stocking! You can get them really cheap (like $1.97 at Walmart). I sewed off the footie part so my guinea pigs have some extra padding to sleep on. My girls climbed right on in and immediately took a nap! It was so cute!

Also, Target had the 23 panel storage cubes on sale for a little over a month. The original price is $14.99 and they were on sale for $12. Right now, they are off sale but I am keeping an eye out for a clearance price! Keep checking your Target stores about once a week and keep an eye out for the red sticker!!!

Hope some of these come in handy.

Good luck!
Heather

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I was just at my Target store yesterday and they were indeed not on sale anymore. I had my camera in my purse and thought to take a picture of the display and packaging because I know that if you don't know what you are looking for, you can walk right past it.

Ferrickhead28

Cavy Slave
The cubes are on sale again this week for $12.

KK<3cavies

Cavy Slave
And I just bought them yesterday at regular price! I might go get another pack for add ons! Thanks!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.