Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie jumping into hayrack

camende

Cavy Slave
I bought something yesterday that I could use for a hayrack. I was using a basket but a couple of the piggies would jump into the basket and then pee and poop on the hay. So, I was in Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and I saw a bathroom trash can. It was wire/metal on the outside and the trash can part was removable. I brought it home and attached it to the cage. It's tall so I figured the piggies could eat the hay from the bottom. This morning, I looked into the piggie room and Ally was INSIDE the hay rack! She had moved the hidey house over, jumped on top of the house, then jumped up into the hayrack. When I went over to her, she jumped through the wire bars of the hayrack. Ok, so good, she can get out no problem. But, my question is, would she jump OUT of the cage. Because if she is up on top of the hay, she might be able to jump out of the cage. The cage is built on the grids so the top of the hayrack is about 28 inches off the ground. Should I be worried??

Here is the link to the Bed Bath and Beyond website where you can see the trash can...

(broken link removed)

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I would definitely stop Ally getting into the hay rack - not only might she escape, she could damage her feet/legs in the bars. I haaaaave had a climbing pig, and found her in the rack which I'd raised to full grid height - I now use either cardboard or coroplast to cover the hayrack, to prevent/discourage leaping cavies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.